How to File a Complaint Against Your Landlord or Tenant?

 In divorce advice Toronto, landlord and tenant Toronto, small claims Toronto, Uncategorised

Being a landlord or tenant not only includes cordial behavior with each other but also includes the following government stipulated rules. Whether you are a landlord or tenant, you need to behave and act according to the Residential Tenancies Act 2006. This act has laid out how a landlord and tenant Toronto must act. It states the rights and duties of both and how they can follow them effectively. Breaking a rule given in the act is an offence. And a tenant or landlord can file a complaint with the Rental Housing Enforcement Unit. Landlord and tenant TorontoNow, whether you are a tenant or landlord, and if you suspect that an offence has been committed, you can file a complaint. But do you know how to file a complaint in such a case? If not, here’s a quick rundown. 

The First Step

If you have any issue that needs the attention of the landlord or tenant, you need to inform them about the concern. Make sure to do it in writing. 

  • Keep a record of all the times you have written to the landlord or tenant to take note of the concern. 
  • Keep a track of how much time the landlord or tenant took to address the concern. 
  • If you think that an offence has been done, check the Residential Tenancies Act 2006 to verify. 

Filing a Complaint

If you have determined that an offence has been done, here’s how you can file a complaint

  • You can call the Ontario Government on the toll-free number +1-888-772-9277 to get in touch with the right authority to tackle the issue. 
  • Once connected you need to provide critical information such as the name and contact of the complainant, the name, and the contact of the tenant or landlord you are complaining about. You also need to provide the details of the complaint such as the reason for the complaint, the date when it happened, and more. 
  • Also, provide any documentation that can support your complaint. Small claims Toronto

Yes, it’s that simple! Filing a complaint against a landlord and tenant will not take much time. However, if you need more information about what happens next after a complaint is filed, you can get in touch with us at SW Legal Service PC. We have a team of experienced paralegals who are well-versed in the process and will guide you effectively. We also provide advice and assistance on small claims Toronto, criminal offences, and more. 

If you need family law services such as divorce advice Toronto, our team can assist you on the same. So, contact our team of paralegals to get accurate information and the right course of action.

Recommended Posts

Leave a Comment

Start typing and press Enter to search