Are you filing a small claims Toronto case in court? If so, you might know that to support your claims, you need to provide evidence. Moreover, you also need to fill out some forms to start the case. If you don’t know which forms and documents you need to file a case in small claims Toronto court, you can get in touch with us at SW Legal Service PC. We are an experienced team of paralegals that will guide you through the process efficiently. We will take care of the documentation and paperwork so that you can file a case in the small claims court in the region.
However, completing the paperwork is not the only thing that you need to do when filing a small claims case. You also need to submit them to the respective small claims Toronto court. You can either send it by mail or submit it by visiting the small claims court office. In addition, you can also upload the documents online through the Small Claims Court Submissions Online portal or Small Claims Court E-Filing Service portal depending upon whether you are a plaintiff or defendant.
Here’s how you can file your documents online to a small claims Toronto court.
- Sign up for a One-key account
- Make sure you have your Mastercard, Visa, or Interac debit card with you to pay the filing fees.
- If you are uploading documents for an existing case, you must have your court file number at hand.
- If you are a plaintiff, you must use the Small Claims Court E-Filing Service portal and save all your documents as PDFs. However, if you are a defendant, you must use the Small Claims Court Submissions Online portal to submit the documents as PDFs.
- Make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5.0 or higher) installed on your system to access the PDFs.
- Make sure to save the name of the file in the format: document type, type of party submitting the form, name of the party, and date of documents signed.
Now if you find that the process to submit your documents online is difficult, you can get in touch with us at SW Legal Service PC. Not only can we help you in developing your documents for filing a small claims Toronto case, but we can also assist you in submitting these documents. Our paralegal team is highly professional and certified to assist clients and lawyers alike to develop their documents for the case.
Contact us now to know more.