Did you receive a notice from small claims Vaughan court? Are you being sued for an amount of $35,000 or less? If so, you must immediately respond to the notice. However, you can also make a counterclaim if you are sure that it wasn’t your fault in the first place. To get assistance on the same, you can connect with us at SW Legal Service PC. Our certified paralegals can help you develop the required documentation for filing a counterclaim.
Conditions based on which you can make a counterclaim
There are two conditions where you can file a counterclaim in the small claims Vaughan court against the plaintiff.
- If the plaintiff needs to pay for something they did, you can file a counterclaim in addition to your defence.
- Or if you know or think that someone else is responsible for the fault.
To give you a brief overview of what you will need to file a small claims Vaughan counterclaim.
- You need to fill out Form 10 A (Defendant’s Claim) along with all the supporting documents to make a counterclaim.
- You must ensure that you file the defendant’s claim within 20 days of filing your defence. You can submit your documents and claim form either by mail, in-person or online. Make sure to file the counterclaim in the same small claims court as the plaintiff.
- You need to serve the defendant’s claim and all the supporting documents to everyone you are suing.
- To prove that you have served all the required paperwork, you must fill the Affidavit of Service (Form 8A)
- You need to file this form 8A in the small claims Vaughan court.
- Finally, don’t forget to pay your filing fee of $102.
Now there are two ways you can go about filing a counterclaim.
- You can fill all the forms and develop the paperwork on your own. However, if you don’t have the legal knowledge, you might not understand the legal language of the forms effectively.
- Or you can get in touch with us at SW Legal Service PC and take the assistance of our paralegal team.
At SW Legal Service PC, our paralegals are experienced to handle small claims Vaughan cases. As certified paralegals, we have the expertise to provide you with the right legal advice on how to file a small claims case or file a counterclaim and defence.
So, get in touch with our team now.