No matter the situation, most people avoid taking an individual or a company to court. However, if it becomes inevitable, you must take the other party to the court for required compensation. Now, if you want to sue someone for an amount of $35,000 or below, you can take them to small claims court. With the experienced assistance from small claims court paralegal Newmarket, you can successfully file a claim in court.
But do you know the exact steps to file a claim? If not, don’t worry, our small claims court paralegal Newmarket at SW Legal Service PC has created this simple guide just for you.
- Fill Plaintiff’s Claim Form 7A. You will also need to fill an additional claim form if there is more than one party involved.
- You need to find the right courthouse to file your form whether in person, online, or by mail. For these two steps, our team of small claims court paralegal Newmarket will offer their assistance. They can fill the above form and help you file it in the right courthouse.
- Once the court has stamped your documents and issued the claim, you must serve the documents to the defendant.
- This is followed by filling the Affidavit of Service (Form 8A) to prove that you have served the documents. And for the same, you can take the assistance of our team of small claims court paralegal Newmarket. We can help you make sense of the legal language in all the forms and affidavits.
- An affidavit of Service must be filed in the courthouse that has issued your claim.
- The further process depends on how the defendant responds to the claims.
As you can see, filing a small claims court is easy yet complicated. You need to fill several forms to start the claim. Understanding the legal language in these forms can be difficult for a common person. That’s where experienced paralegals come into play.
The paralegal team at SW Legal Service PC is always at your disposal. Our small claims court paralegal Newmarket is professional, certified, and experienced to work with you. Irrespective of your reason to make a claim, our team will assist you without any bias. With us at SW Legal Service, you don’t have to struggle to fill the legal forms, file a claim and represent in the court. We have got you covered.
Contact us now to know more.