Do you need free legal advice Toronto? If so, we assume you are not in a financial position to hire an expensive lawyer. However, you don’t have to worry because you can get in touch with us at SW Legal Service PC. We offer free legal advice Toronto to some of our clients who are not in a financial position to hire a lawyer. Our team of paralegals is well-versed in the latest legislation and will offer you advice on how you should process for free. However, there are certain criteria for someone to qualify for free legal advice Toronto from our paralegal firm or any legal firm for that matter.
Basic criteria to qualify for free legal aid
The basic criteria to qualify for free legal aid is to have little to no money left to hire a lawyer after you have paid for your daily necessities of food and shelter. Also, if you are on social assistance, you automatically qualify for free legal aid in Toronto.
Who benefits from free legal aid?
Free legal advice benefits a large number of people that come from different backgrounds. Here’s who benefits from free legal advice Toronto:
- If you are a single parent who wants child support from their ex-spouse, you are eligible to get free legal assistance.
- If you have been accused of a crime and don’t have funds to hire an expensive criminal lawyer, you are eligible for free legal assistance.
- If you have been a victim of domestic violence, you may qualify for free legal assistance. We will maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Do you identify as Inuit, First Nation, or Métis? If yes, you can ask for free legal assistance.
- Are you a parent who is trying to get custody of your children or gain visitation rights? If so, you can opt for free legal assistance.
- Immigrants who are facing deportation or struggling to improve their Canadian immigration status can choose free legal assistance.
- Lastly, people who are struggling due to addiction or mental health issues can choose free legal assistance.
However, remember these situations apply only when you don’t have enough funds to hire a lawyer. If you are in such a predicament, you can contact us at SW Legal Service PC for free legal advice Toronto. Our team of paralegals will be glad to assist you in tough times and get the best possible result for your case.
Contact our team now to know more.